Frequently Asked questions
If you don’t find it here, just ask for more details
Who can foster
In our experience, there’s no typical path into fostering, just as there’s no such thing as a typical foster carer. We welcome all carers from all walks of life. It doesn’t matter if you’re married, single, living together, divorced or what your background, sexual orientation or culture is – you are welcome at Lighthouse.
- Must be over 21 in Victoria.
- Well and healthy – capable of looking after young people.
- Single or in a relationship.
- Willing to undergo background checks – Police and Working with Children checks.
- Any cultural background or sexual orientation are accepted, read more here.
About your home and family
- With or without children – we welcome all.
- Rent or own your home.
- Everyone active and willing in the household.
- Have a spare room – yep, that’s all.